MONTHLONG RETREAT IN ARGENTINA
by Drubwang Tsoknyi Rinpoche
Khamgar Dongyuling is pleased to announce a monthlong retreat in Argentina,
which will take place at Tashigar Sur, Tanti, in Cordoba province.
The event will consist of three modules:
Open heart, clear mind
20-26 January. Registration opens at 4 PM.,
This retreat is open to all participants and counts as requisite for doing the following advanced retreat.
Tuition: usd 200
Advanced Dzogchen retreat intensive
27 January to 12 February. Registration opens at 4 PM.
This retreat includes intensive personal practice. Rinpoche will teach the Three Words that Strike the Vital Point, the famous teaching by Patrul Rinpoche based on the special instructions of Garab Dorje. The requisite for this retreat is having previously done at least one 6 day retreat with Tsoknyi Rinpoche. People who are doing the open retreat in this program will be qualified to attend this retreat.
Tuition: usd 350
20 January to 12 February. Registration opens at 4 PM.
Tuition: usd 450
There will be simultaneous translation into English through FM transmission. You will need to bring an FM radio or phone application in order to receive the signal.
Retreat information and registration: email@example.com
Reservation deposit: usd 100 ($AR 1600)
MercadoPago: (preferred), $AR 1600 eq. to usd 100 (instructions in Spanish)
Balance amount: to be paid in cash when registering at the retreat
Tashigar Sur is the South American seat of the Dzogchen Worldwide Community of Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche. It is a beautiful land up in a Cordoba mountain range and has a temple that can accommodate up to 300 people.
- Within Tashigar there is accommodation for 21 people in rooms and a large camping site fully equipped with bathrooms and kitchen (Hosting within Tashigar Sur.pdf).
- Some private houses within the land may also be available for rent.
- In nearby places there are privately owned houses and B&B for rent that can be contacted directly (External hosting outside Tashigar Sur.pdf).
- Hotels and B&B in Tanti (approximately 3 miles) through airb&b.com.ar or similar websites.
Information and assistance regarding accommodation
Within Tashigar: firstname.lastname@example.org
Outside Tashigar: email@example.com
There will be different meal plans available at the dining hall in Tashigar, including both vegetarian and non-vegetarian menus. Following unit charges are estimates to be confirmed:
- Breakfast: usd 3
- Lunch: usd 7
- Dinner: usd 7
- Full plan: usd 15
When registering please indicate the preferred meal plan, however you also will be able to decide during the retreat.
How to get to Tashigar
- By plane: from Buenos Aires to Cordoba City Airport, then take a taxi to Tanti, El Durazno, Tashigar. ($AR 700. Taxis within the airport facilities are white color, while taxis outside are yellow). Or take “Bus Urbano 25” (local bus) to the Bus Terminal of Cordoba.
- By bus: At Cordoba Bus Terminal (the “New Terminal”), take local “Fono Bus” signaled to “Tanti”, and get down at Tanti Bus Terminal (last stop). Buy ticket at Fono Bus office located in the main hall of the terminal (AR$60, one and a half hour ride, depending on traffic); buses leave quite regularly. From there take a taxi to Tashigar Sur (AR$120).
- By car: Reaching Villa Carlos Paz city, continue to Tanti (turn left at the crossroad), but do not enter at the city and keep on the route. When the pavement finishes, continue straight towards El Durazno, on the route to Los Gigantes; after 3 miles, reaching the Km143 sign post, turn left and continue 200m reaching the entrance to Tashigar Sur at the end of the road.